Agile Architecture: Strategies for Scaling Agile Development
Excerpt from link:
Contrary to popular belief, architecture is an important aspect of agile software development efforts, just like traditional efforts, and is a critical part of scaling agile approaches to meet the real-world needs of modern organizations. But, agilists approach architecture a bit differently than traditionalists do. This article addresses the following issues:
- Towards agile architecture
- Architecture throughout the lifecycle
- Who is responsible for architecture?
- Have an “architecture owner” role
- Agile architecture at scale
- Base your architecture on requirements
- Model your architecture
- Consider several alternatives
- Remember enterprise constraints
- Travel light
- Prove your architecture with working code
- Communicate your architecture
- Think about the future, just wait to act (defer commitment)
- Take a multi-view approach
- How does this work?
- Who is actually doing this?
- Addressing the myths around agile and architecture
– See more at: http://agilemodeling.com/essays/agileArchitecture.htm#sthash.2araW0Ni.dpuf